Join us on Sunday evenings February 10 through March 17, 2013 from 5 – 7 pm for a six-week parenting class developed by the Love and Logic Institute. The class will be led by Tassie Green, an ordained minister, trained by the Love and Logic Institute.
Here are some answers to your questions:
1. Topics covered will include how to raise respectful and responsible children, how to discipline children in public without creating a scene, how to end temper tantrums, how to get children up and about in the mornings, how to empower your child to resist experimenting with dangerous behaviors, and how to stop children from whining and bickering.
2. The class will begin with a light dinner for parents with adults only time. Following dinner, there will be weekly discussion, videos if applicable and “homework” of techniques to reinforce at home. Each adult participant will be provided with a booklet for the at-home activities.
3. Please feed your children at home prior to arriving at St. Matthew. We will not be providing dinner for the children due to the variety of children’s food allergies. We will provide age appropriate activities and snacks for the children. We will send parents a list of the weekly snacks.
4. In a two-parent household, this program is most effective if both parents attend the classes together to learn the Love and Logic techniques.
5. The cost is $25 per person or $40 per couple. Scholarships are available upon request.
6. The registration deadline is January 27 to allow time to order the course materials.
7. Questions – call (630) 665 – 1236 or e-mail
Click here for a registration form.